Empire State Development (ESD), which has issued guidance on essential businesses and services, considers farmers’ markets an essential retail business, providing healthy food for communities. Farmers’ markets are also exempt from the mass gatherings restrictions set forth in Executive Order 202.8. To maintain the designation as an exempt operation, it is important that all farmers’ markets meet the following requirements for the duration of the Executive Order. These requirements are meant to maintain outlets for healthy local foods, while safeguarding our farmers, consumers, and communities from the spread of COVID-19.
The requirements are:
• No forms of entertainment.
• No cooking demonstrations or sampling.
• Space out vendors as much as possible.
• Minimize amount of food on display with customer access.
• Increase the number of handwashing stations and make hand sanitizer available.
• Manage customer traffic within the market to eliminate congregating and to promote social distancing (i.e., maintaining a distance of at least 6 feet between customers).
A special thank you to our major sponsor
for supporting an essential community market!
If your business would like to help support
an essential community market
by becoming a sponsor then
please contact Sydney at
Our COVID-19 Signage is made possible with support from